The embedded database developers choose
Trust the Zen family of databases—Zen Core, Zen Edge, Zen Enterprise, and Zen Cloud Server—for a small footprint, low maintenance, high-performance database management system.
Meeting embedded database challenges
Edge applications and devices increasingly rely on AI to improve automation and decisions – human and machine – in stand-alone, peer-to-peer, local network, cloud and hybrid environments. The underlying edge data management must leverage a variety of hardware, operating systems, networks, communications interfaces, and programming and scripting languages for applications that use these resources. Zen edge data management delivers against these broad and demanding requirements.
Single, secure, scalable architecture supports concurrent read and write, using NoSQL and SQL across popular embedded environments.
Faster than leading purpose-built databases at time-series, JSON-based or Blob document stores, and SQLite.
Provides data encryption for data at rest and in transit.
Avoid ETL between devices, gateways, branch and cloud environments – improve speed, lower integration cost, and remove security vulnerabilities.
Success stories are made
Friends don’t let friends use
ETL, data security, portability, indexing, time-stamping, and other features built-in to modern edge data management solutions no longer require a complex database that doesn’t fit your edge use case. With Zen you get the simplicity of file system APIs with the robust functionality of a real-time database.
Shared by all editions:
- Single modular architecture, code once, run anywhere.
- SQL and NoSQL APIs.
- Single data table/file size maximum of 64 TB.
- Zero ETL between Zen and PSQL ensures less integration and time to completion.
- AES-256 bit encryption for data at rest plus zero ETL avoids decryption between development and deployment.
Zen: Zero-DBA, multi-model, multi-platform
Shared by all add-on software
- API from CLI or embeds directly in your application.
- Embeddable APIs and configurable dashboards for remote management.
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 support.
Do you need to modernize your edge data management?
- Do you need to analyze and make real-time decisions at the point of action?
- Are you able to manage large sets of local and shared persistent data at the edge?
- Do you need to run on multiple OSes from Android/iOS to Windows/Linux?
- Do you use multiple programming and scripting languages to develop your edge applications?
- Do you support varied types of data: JSON, Blob, traditional structured, etc.?
- Are you struggling to support standalone, peer-to-peer, client-server, Internet/Intranet architectures?
- Do you operate as stand-alone when disconnected?
- Can you handle high-speed, multi-channel data collection and local machine learning inference?
Embedded database management for IoT and edge environments
Edge intelligent applications need to embed sophisticated data management so developers don’t have to become database managers. Here are some challenges, constraints, and issues to consider.
Zen python demo for facial recognition on a Jetson board
On a Jeff Fritz podcast, Tom Bates from Actian describes how he used Open Source ML routines and cameras to do real-time facial recognition detection and Zen DB storage on a Jetson.