Actian Launches Cloud Integration and Big Data Analytics Platforms to Power the Action-Driven Enterprise in the Age of Data
Actian DataCloud and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms Challenge the Behemoths of Data Management with End-to-End Next-Generation Innovation
Redwood City, Calif. - July 11, 2013 — Today Actian Corporation (“Actian”), next-generation leader in big data analytics, announces its plans to leverage the assets from its recent acquisitions of ParAccel, Pervasive Software and Versant Corporation by offering two new platforms, the Actian DataCloud and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms, to tackle the challenges of the Age of Data.
“The unprecedented explosion in data complexity and volumes, along with fast-growing demand for sophisticated analytics, present both opportunities and threats for today’s business leaders,” said Ray Wang, chief executive officer and principal analyst at Constellation Research. “As social, mobile and cloud converge in the enterprise, organizations can innovate and expand, or be displaced by those that do. The data-driven world demands that organizations adopt a modern, purpose-built big data analytics infrastructure that can mean the difference between market success and failure.”
Today’s traditional technology does not deliver the technical and economic scalability to help organizations thrive in the Age of Data. The Actian DataCloud and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms are designed to provide end-to-end capabilities, from data connection through preparation and analytics, all the way to automated action. Uniquely built on next-generation technology that fully exploits advances in chips, cores and clusters, the platforms provide clients with invisible integration and unconstrained analytics on any data with extreme scalability and performance.
- Actian DataCloud Platform = Invisible Integration: Actian DataCloud is a secure, elastic cloud-based platform that integrates cloud and on-premises applications while providing robust data quality and other data services. The Actian DataCloud platform uniquely provides a full spectrum of data and application integration in the cloud by giving users the option to choose from three tiers:
- Invisible Connect – Prebuilt one-click integration between existing SaaS or on-premises applications that meets the ‘instant-on’ demands of line-of-business users who never think about data integration
- Basic Connect – Prepackaged apps, maps and data services that let business users conduct self-serve mapping between targeted files or applications through a three-step simple UI while masking data integration complexities
- Advanced Connect – Enterprise-grade, sophisticated, scalable data integration, data profiling and data matching capabilities that can scale and perform in the most demanding environments with the agility to accommodate rapidly proliferating and evolving data sources
“Our lifeblood is delivering real-time, actionable analytics that directly impact vehicle product decisions and the effectiveness of $14.8 billion of annual automotive advertising. We rapidly cleanse, aggregate and analyze large online data streams at the zip code level to enable auto industry players – from global manufacturers to individual dealerships – to predict future car buying patterns, fine-tune marketing allocation and optimize inventory,” said Stephen Shaw, CEO of Autometrics. “With Actian data integration, profiling, cleansing and deep analytics, we can offer unmatched lower-funnel insights into current and future behaviors of more than 600,000 new car buyer prospects a day, touching every aspect of the auto industry. The highly robust, scalable capabilities of the Actian DataCloud and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms are central to our competitive edge: agility, accuracy and insights that help auto industry leaders achieve significantly higher sales and marketing efficiency.”
- ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platform = Unconstrained Analytics: The real-time, high-performance platform extracts analytic value from data while removing constraints around size, speed and complexity of analytics. Companies can predict the future, prescribe the next best action, prevent damage to their business and discover hidden risks and opportunities. Business users are able to run sophisticated analytics and cooperative processing without deep data science skills. New capabilities include:
- High-speed execution for data provisioning, data discovery and native Hadoop analytics, taking the processing to where the data lives
- Expanded analytic libraries that enable rapid deployment of highly targeted analytics for specific requirements including customer segmentation, fraud prevention, risk and digital marketing optimization
- A highly scalable platform that addresses a continuum of analytics needs from startups and midmarket to large-scale enterprises
“Opera Solutions applies big data science to deliver extraordinary results, extracting predictive signals from very large datasets to identify best business actions via as-a-service software,” said Laks Srinivasan, co-chief operating officer for Opera Solutions. “We leverage Actian’s ParAccel Big Data Analytics to continually and rapidly extract predictive information and patterns from large and very diverse data flows, in high-performance environments ranging from the analytic SMP database to parallelized execution on both Hadoop and non-Hadoop clusters. With the full spectrum of scale-up and scale-out ParAccel Platform, we enhance our ability to detect hard-to-find predictive patterns with our SignalHub technologies.”
“We believe that every company, no matter its size, should harness the promise of big data and analytics, and we’ve invested hundreds of man-years and millions of dollars to deliver two scalable, completely modern platforms that marry our decades of data expertise with innovative, cutting-edge architectures,” said Steve Shine, chief executive officer of Actian. “To win in the Age of Data, organizations must become action-enabled enterprises with access to unconstrained analytics and frictionless data integration. Our modular approach delivers the quickest time to value with phenomenal scalability to future-proof your business.”
Actian is a leader in helping companies analyze big and diverse data in industries ranging from retail, ecommerce, enterprise, healthcare, manufacturing, finance and social media. Visit Actian.com to learn more about the company’s end-to-end capabilities and robust product families.
About Actian: Take Action on Big Data
Actian powers the action-driven enterprise in the Age of Data, delivering rapid time to analytic value with a modular approach that connects data assets behind the scenes, enables unconstrained analytics and scales almost without limits. The Actian DataCloud integration and ParAccel Big Data Analytics Platforms help organizations leverage data assets for competitive advantage, delivering highly parallelized software that fully exploits modern chip, core and cluster infrastructures. Actian serves tens of thousands of users worldwide and is headquartered in Redwood City, Calif. with offices in Austin, New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, New Delhi and Melbourne. Stay connected with Actian Corporation on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Actian, DataCloud, ParAccel, Action Apps, Ingres, RushAnalytics, Versant and Vectorwise are trademarks of Actian Corporation and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.