Modernizing Edge Data Processing and Analytics for Mobile and IoT
Actian Zen Virtual Pizza & Beer
November 17, 2020
3:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m PDT / 6:00 p.m – 8 p.m EDT
By invite only, reserve your spot today!
Got New Projects? Tired of dealing with a mixture of Flat Files, SQLite, and several backend databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, MS SQL, InfluxDB, etc.) as your toolkit for Mobile, IoT and Edge Data Management?
You are invited to join fellow professionals and your Actian hosts for an online shared Edge Data Management discussion and Pizza. Please join our video Zoom event where we discuss performance, security, integration, and other aspects of data management at the edge led by Actian thought leaders.
- Network with your Edge and Mid-Stack Developer and Engineering peers and share best practices on Edge Data Management
- Discuss the challenges confronting Mobile and IoT software and systems development around data processing and analytics at the edge
- See a demonstration of Actian Zen, a NoSQL and SQL database embeddable into most programming languages on a wide range of platforms for serverless and client-server edge data management
- Enjoy pizza from Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Murphys or other local pizzerias
Pizza & Possibilities
Senior Director of Engineering for Actian Zen at Actian
Desmond Tan is the Senior Director of Product Engineering at Actian, leading research and development for the Actian Zen Edge Database team. He has over 20 years of experience in the database and embedded OEM industry, spanning research and development, product management and product support. Desmond earned a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from University of Texas at Austin.
Senior Director of Marketing for Actian Zen at Actian
Lewis leads product marketing and management for the Actian Zen product line, targeting Edge environments such as branch and remote field offices, Mobile, and IoT. Lewis has been in various engineering, product management, marketing, business development and market research and analysis positions over the last 35 years, ranging from embedded database, signal analysis, and control systems to Enterprise middleware, ERP, and vertical applications. Lewis has an MSEE and BSEE from University of California, Davis.
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
3:00 pm (PDT) – Welcome and Introductions
3:15 pm – 3.35 pm
- Brief Demonstration by Desmond Tan, Senior Director, Actian Zen Product Engineering
3:35 pm – 4:50 pm – Discussion, moderated by Lewis Carr, Senior Director, Actian Zen Product Marketing
- Interactive discussion with participation by all attendees. Topics include:
- Use cases and requirements for local persistent data in Mobile, IoT and complex Edge environments
- Technology trends for Edge to Cloud and Cloud to Edge data management
- What’s working for you, what’s keeping you up at night when it comes to Edge Data Management
4:50 pm – Wrap-up and final close