Ingres Wine & Cheese Virtual Roundtable
BYOL and DBaaS Deployment
Tuesday, 30 May 2023
5:00 pm (BST) | 17:00 (CEST)
Reserve your spot today! – Participation is limited and is non-transferable
Join Actian’s Emma McGrattan, SVP of Engineering and Doug Dailey, Director, Product Management for an in-depth discussion about the flexible BYOL and Database as a Service (DBaaS) options for deploying Ingres in the cloud. For this session, we will combine this learning time with an award-winning gourmet wine and cheese tasting experience.
- Learn how to reduce the time and skills required for Ingres administration
- See how we can help you focus your time on high-value business needs
- Network with industry peers and share best practices
- Enjoy a professional wine tasting with 3 distinctive vintage wines. Based on your selection, you will receive gourmet collection of cheese and sweets or dried fruit and nuts.
- Cloud deployment challenges and best practices
- Flexible deployment options with BYOL and DBaaS
- A deep dive into DBaaS co-managed services
Wine, Dine and Unwind Your Data
SVP of Engineering at Actian
As SVP of Engineering at Actian, Emma leads research and development for Actian’s Portfolio. Emma has over 25 years of experience managing Ingres and Actian Engineering. A recognized authority in data management and analytics technologies, Emma holds multiple patents and is a sought-after speaker at industry conferences. Prior to joining Actian, Emma was Vice President for Ingres at Computer Associates. Educated in Ireland, Emma holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree from Dublin City University.
Director, Product Management at Actian
Doug Dailey is the Director of Product Management for Actian’s cloud and on-premises databases, tools and connectivity solutions including Ingres. Doug has 15 years of experience building solutions that help customers win. Prior Actian, Doug was a product manager at IBM, specializing in data virtualization and data platforms driven by data hub, data mesh and data fabric topologies. Doug helped steer technology investments in IBM Netezza and Pure Data for Analytics, IBM DB2 Replication, and IBM Informix. Doug began his career in technical support and later transitioned to Technical Account Manager and Customer Support Manager roles.
In addition to being Actian’s Chief Information Officer, Steve enjoys fine wines and has volunteered to guide us through the wine tasting during our event.
5:00 pm (BST) | 17:00 (CEST) – Welcome and Introductions
5:10 pm | 17:10 – Wine & Cheese Roundtable
- Brief overview of the cloud vision for Ingres by Doug Dailey, Director, Product Management at Actian – Wine pairing: Modern SPARKLING Laurent-Perrier “La Cuvée” Brut Champagne
- Discussion with Emma McGrattan, Senior Vice President of Engineering at Actian while we enjoy wine and delectable bites as we discuss today’s cloud deployment challenges followed by open dialogue and exchange – Wine pairing: Hybrid 2018 Hall Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Interactive discussion with participation by all attendees – Wine pairing: Sweet/Dessert 2015 Villa Pillo Vin Santo
*Registrations must be submitted by 22 May 2023 in order to receive the wine and cheese.
6:30 pm | 18:30 – Close
If you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the event, please contact Diana Lewis, Actian Programs Manager.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-650-587-5537