Application Modernization – Executive Roundtable
Actian Hosted Virtual Wine Tasting & Executive Roundtable
Thursday, 23rd September, 2021
5:00 p.m – 6:30 p.m GMT
Reserve early to secure your seat, wine & cheese!
Modernizing database applications is a key component of digital transformation. Yet, the cost, resource, effort, complexity, and risk can be high.
You are invited to join your peers and Actian thought leaders for an interactive discussion on how Actian’s Ingres NeXt Initiative accelerates application modernization. Our event will pair an engaging executive conversation with an award-winning gourmet wine and cheese tasting experience.
- Learn from your peers about their application modernization strategy
- Take a break and enjoy a selection of 3 vintage wines and gourmet cheese presented by our Certified Sommelier
- Discover a fast, low-risk way to modernize Ingres and seamlessly embrace next-generation user interfaces and cloud platform
Unwind with wine and wisdom
Senior Vice President of Products at Actian
Vikas Mathur is the Senior Vice President of Products at Actian. He is responsible for product management and product strategy for all Actian products. His charter includes shepherding Actian’s growth by leveraging the broad portfolio of Actian’s products including the Avalanche platform, Actian-X, Zen, and DataConnect. Previously, Vikas served as Vice President of Strategy and GM for the Actian Avalanche cloud data warehouse business driving both product and GTM for the platform. Vikas is a passionate leader and brings over 20 years of enterprise experience in product management, R&D, business development, strategy and change management.
SVP of Engineering at Actian
As SVP of Engineering at Actian, Emma McGrattan leads research and development for Actian’s Hybrid Data Analytics Portfolio including Actian’s award winning fully-managed Avalanche Cloud Data Warehouse multi-cloud service. A recognized authority in DBMS and Big Data technologies, Emma is a sought-after speaker at industry conferences across the globe. Emma has recently celebrated over 25 years in Ingres and Actian Engineering. Educated in Ireland, Emma holds a Bachelors of Electrical Engineering degree from Dublin City University.
Certified Sommelier – Court of Sommeliers
In addition to being a Sommelier, Laura is a celebrated Chef, whose culinary experiences have included: recipe development for Meredith’s Better Homes and Garden magazine, teaching cooking classes at Williams Sonoma on Union Square, back kitchen cook on Jacques Pepin’s last PBS television series, “Heart and Soul” and as guest chef cooking instructor at Rancho la Puerta, the #1 rated health spa in the world by Condé Nast Travel and Leisure.
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
5:00 pm – Welcome and Introductions
5:15 pm – 6:20
- Interactive discussion with participation by all attendees. Topics include:
- Future proofing data and application investment during digital transformation/modern wine – Nyetimber Classic Cuvée, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier
- Brief overview of Actian’s Ingres NeXt program including moving Ingres to the Cloud and modernizing OpenROAD for use with web and mobile with Emma McGrattan
- Interactive discussion on considerations, challenges, and benefits of digital transformation – PINOT NOIR: Louis Latour, Bourgogne Pinot Noir
- Close – SWEET/DESSERT: Elysium Black Muscat
6:20 pm – Scheduled final close
*Wines and cheeses are subject to change based on availability
If you have any questions or concerns prior to or during the event, please contact us at any time at:
Diana Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org +1 650-587-5537