Use component-based interactive development environment to speed new functionality
More Versatile Client Support
Interfaces to Java, .NET, web and mobile clients
Centralize and simplify deployment to a variety of remote clients and versions
What is OpenROAD?
OpenROAD is a database-centric, object-oriented, 4GL rapid application development (RAD) tool that lets you develop and deploy mission-critical, n-tier business applications against databases such as Ingres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Actian Zen, Actian X and more via ODBC.
Developers using the newest release, OpenROAD 11, will find a much improved platform that can easily restyle existing applications, extend and customize business objects, field types and frame types and add new behaviors that previously either required a lot of code or simply weren’t possible.
Actian OpenROAD is a rapid application development and flexible deployment solution. With OpenROAD, developers can quickly build and deploy sophisticated high performance and high availability business applications on a variety of platforms, accessing a broad range of data sources. As a result, you can react to business changes faster and protect your investment in existing mainframe and client server data and applications.
HSS Hire uses OpenROAD for logistical applications managing its entire inventory of rental tools and equipment.
- Provides complete equipment management and hire services to large businesses, trade and DIY customers
- Enables HSS account customers able to view their invoices and transactions online and also view up-to-the-minute current equipment availability
- Supports a nationwide network of over 265 supercentres and branches
Bucap uses OpenROAD to develop its own document management software application
- Powers self-service portal to improve responsiveness
- Accommodates user requests for changes and new features easier and faster
- Increases development team productivity and reduced costs
- Supports over 450 customers with more than 5,000 user accounts, adding over 65K scanned documents per day, for a library of nearly 500M documents
Lufthansa Systems uses Actian OpenROAD to develop its Lido/FlightPlanning solution
- Used by hundreds of airlines to ensure correct flight planning and flight safety
- Shares updates on a new flight path, a new flight restriction, an airport closure or severe turbulence on the horizon with its customers
- Ensures that airlines and pilots en route can get their passengers and their cargo safely to their destination
- Calculates optimal flight routes to generate millions of dollars in fuel cost savings
Tagged Values/Custom Extensions
Customize OpenROAD more richly, with simpler code
Codeless 1-Pass Application Restyling
Restyle existing applications without writing new production code
Predefined frame setup will reduce custom runtime and setup time
Customizable Field and Frame Behaviors
Speed up customization and keep business logic free of display code
Userclass and Display Generator
Leverage database information to deliver improved display functionality
Managed OpenROAD client deployment from a central server
Allows existing applications to support national characters via UTF8 with little to no code changes
Script editor supports syntax highlighting of 4GL and SQL
OpenROAD Connects to Legacy Data
Rapidly develop and prototype interactive client elements connected to a variety of servers and data sources, including Ingres and other relational databases (using Enterprise Access).