Managing Vectorwise Installations and Databases
You will learn:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Vectorwise architecture and its major components
- Install Vectorwise
- Configure and monitor a Vectorwise instance
- Create, destroy, maintain and manage Vectorwise databases and database objects
- Backup and recovery of Vectorwise databases
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing a Vectorwise instances and databases under Linux or Windows.
It covers all aspects of planning, installing, configuring and managing Vectorwise instances and its databases. It also covers all aspects of database administration including: managing database objects such as tables, indexes, applications etc.; data integrity; security; backup and recovery; .
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents. The course does not focus on a particular operating system but uses examples for the Linux and Windows operating systems throughout the course material.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Database and System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Vectorwise databases.
Attendance at the IngresSQL training, or equivalent experience and skill
- Vectorwise concepts and architecture
- Support, patches and updates
- Hardware requirements
- Planning a Vectorwise installation
- Installing on Linux
- Installing on Windows
- Instance architecture
- Tables and schemas
- Loading and updating data
- Life of a query
- Vectorwise roadmap