Versant Object Database Advanced Administration
Upon completion of this course, a student will be an expert in the Versant ODBMS architecture including Versant Shared Data Area internals, object allocation, object clustering, and logging and recovery. Each student will become an expert in advanced trouble shooting and advanced performance tuning as well as learning the migration path from previous versions of Versant to our eighth generation release, V/OD 8.
- Database administrators responsible for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and problem resolution for a network of Versant databases.
- Application Designers/System Architects who want to design toward specific concurrency, scalability, and reliability goals.
This class can be taken at any time, but is most effective at the beginning of the development phase, before deployment.
- Understanding of basic operating system commands for Windows and/or Unix.
- Understanding of basic object-oriented programming and design concepts.
- Prior experience with database administration.
- General understanding of client/server application design and development.
- Versant Object Database Administration course or previous experience in setting up and administrating Versant databases.
- 3 days
Courses are instructor-led, with hands-on labs that reinforce key concepts. Versant instructors use their real-world experience to supplement the prepared materials.