Installing Vectorwise (Windows)
- Unzip vectorwise-2.5.1-162-eval-win-x86_64 after the download is complete.
- Open the unzipped folder.
- Double-click “setup.exe”
- The “Vectorwise Setup” Wizard will open to start the installation process. Click “Next”
- Please read the license agreement and if you accept the terms, select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click “Next”.
The fastest method to install Vectorwise is the Express installation method, which we will choose for this guide. The Advanced installation method gives you greater control over the installation components and configuration options available, and we recommend users get familiar with the options available.
- Select “Express” and click “Next”.
Vectorwise Setup is now preparing.
Vectorwise gives you an option of what components you would like to install including:
- Database Server and Tools
- Ingres Client
- Ingres .NET Data Provider
- Vectorwise Documentation
- Actian Director (Director)
- Select “Typical Server” and click “Next”.
Review your settings before proceeding with the Vectorwise installation.
- Click “Install”.
Vectorwise will now prepare to install.
- When the Vectorwise installation is complete, click “Next”.
- Vectorwise is now been successfully installed. Click “Finish”
Congratulations! Vectorwise is now installed and running.
Next Steps — Get started with Actian Director (for Windows)