Company Reports Growing Profitability Powered by More than 300% Increase in Vectorwise Billings and Unique Position to Take Action on Big Data Analytics In 2012
REDWOOD CITY, CA – December 20, 2011 – Actian Corporation (formerly Ingres Corp.), today announced that it is set to close 2011 with substantial year over year growth and increased profitability resulting from strong customer adoption for Vectorwise (the industry’s fastest data analytics engine), new partnerships and continued Ingres Database innovation.
Highlights for 2011 include:
- 37 new Vectorwise customers, including Fortune 2000 companies. New customers include: Oxford University’s Clinical Trial Service Unit, Sheetz, Datamatics and TimoCom.
- A 300 percent increase in Vectorwise downloads
- Vectorwise shattered several performance benchmark records at 100GB, 300GB, and 1TB, creating a new range of BI and interactive reporting previously not possible without expensive software and hardware
- The release of Vectorwise 2.0 and Vectorwise for Windows to meet the analytics needs of 90 percent of Windows business workers
- Signed strategic partnerships with Meteorite, MicroStrategy, Yellowfin, and Pentaho
- Continued Geospatial innovation with the Ingres Database
In September, Actian announced plans to launch a Cloud Action Platform making it easy for any business user to create Action Apps – lightweight consumer-like applications that automate business actions from insights and real-time changes in data – that close the gap between insight and action.
‘Decision making in Global 2000 companies is often paralyzed with “data-waiting” as people hold off on taking action on problems and opportunities until the data is available,” said Robin Bloor, CEO of the Bloor Group. “This creates an action-deficit resulting in missed opportunities to monetize trends, or worse, creates unnecessary risk that could have been avoided by immediate action.’
‘According to McKinsey, taking action on big data can yield more than $2 trillion in business value,” said Steve Shine, CEO at Actian. “Actian capitalizes on the potential of big data by enabling customers to set automated action triggers, which send an alert the second something changes in their data.’
Action Apps unleash the next level of business innovation and competitive advantage currently locked in the endless streams of data flowing through organizations and the industry. Action Apps can be built without IT involvement, require no training and provide value far beyond traditional business intelligence applications.
Developers will be able to use the Cloud Action Platform to create Action Apps in three easy steps:
- Set "Probes" to watch and analyze data from a variety of data sources
- Define "Triggers" for priority data events and thresholds
- Automatically deliver "Business Actions" when data events occur
Focus on 2012 and beyond
’2011 was an extraordinary year for Actian as we saw increased customer adoption of both Vectorwise and Ingres databases and formed a number of strategic alliances,” said Shine. “As we head into 2012, we’re uniquely positioned to take full advantage of the potential of BI and Big Data analytics by combining the record-breaking speed of Vectorwise with the promise of Action Apps.’
Actian Action Apps on the Cloud Action Platform are scheduled for a phased rollout throughout 2012.
About Actian: Incite Action
Actian Corporation (formerly Ingres Corp.) is the first to unveil a cloud development platform for building Action Apps. Action Apps are lightweight consumer-style applications that automate business actions triggered by real-time changes in data. Actian products incite action at more than 10,000 customers worldwide by driving their mission critical workloads and providing rapid action insights to their data. Actian is headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Melbourne. Stay connected with Actian Corporation on Facebook and Twitter.
Actian, Cloud Action Platform, Ingres, and Vectorwise are trademarks of Actian Corporation. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Actian Press Contact:
Atomic PR for Actian