LONDON, UK. 21 March 2014 –Actian Corporation (“Actian”), the big data software platform company, will host the Big Data and Analytics for Financial Services event in the city of London, on Thursday 27 March, 2014.
The rising torrent of big data has unleashed a new set of business opportunities for the financial services industry. The event will provide insight into how businesses can unlock the incredible power of today’s low-cost parallel computing architectures and harness the dynamism of real-time and predictive analytics to deliver game-changing business outcomes.
“In financial services, time means everything. The quicker an organization can take the right course of action, the more likely they are to win,” said Steve Shine, CEO, Actian Corporation. “At Actian, we are focused broadening the adoption of next-generation analytics technologies that enable businesses to leverage their data to drive competitive advantage.”
- Steve Shine, Actian CEO: Accelerating Big Data 2.0: Today’s Challenges
- Rebecca Healey, Senior Analyst at TABB Group: The Future of Investment Banking: Accessing the Information Advantage
- Sanjeev Aggarwal, RBS: High-Performance Analytics
- Laks Srinivasan, COO of Opera Solutions: Directed Decision-Making for Wealth Management and Capital Markets using Real-Time Predictive Analytics
- Simon Gregory, Director of Business Development of Hortonworks: Hadoop in Financial Services – Use Cases
- Michael Sandoval, CEO of Atigeo: Groundbreaking Hybrid Analytics: Harnessing Real-Time Models for Adaptive Decision-Making
- Sam Croker, Actian Chief Data Scientist: Using Predictive Analytics for Customer Retention
- Lawrence Stoker, Actian Senior Consultant: Look, No MapReduce! High Performance Analytics & ETL in Hadoop
Targeted at CIOs, IT and business executives, enterprise, application and information architects, data scientists, quantitative analysts, and BI and performance management specialists, the event will showcase how financial services firms can combine modern software and analytical techniques to gain competitive advantage, reclaim hours of internal processing time, meet regulatory change, and how businesses can deliver transformational business outcomes.
To find out more about the event, full schedule and to register to attend, please visit: http://www.bigdata-analytics-finance.com/
About Actian: Accelerating Big Data 2.0™
Actian transforms Big Data into business value for any organization – not just the privileged few. Actian provides transformational business value by delivering actionable insights into new sources of revenue, business opportunities, and ways of mitigating risk with high-performance in-database analytics complemented with extensive connectivity and data preparation. The 21st century software architecture of the Actian Analytics Platform delivers extreme performance on off-the-shelf hardware, overcoming key technical and economic barriers to broad adoption of Big Data. Actian also makes Hadoop enterprise-grade by providing high-performance ELT, visual design and SQL analytics on Hadoop without the need for MapReduce skills. Among tens of thousands of organizations using Actian are innovators using analytics for competitive advantage in industries like financial services, telecommunications, digital media, healthcare and retail. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. Stay connected with Actian Corporation at www.actian.com or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Actian, Big Data for the Rest of Us, Accelerating Big Data 2.0 and Actian Analytics Platform are trademarks of Actian Corporation and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
# # #